Dental procedures such as root canals are performed on a regular basis as patients need it to save their teeth and avoid having to extract. Your trusted dentist Centurion is able to help you get the best dental treatment and help you to maintain a beautiful smile.
What is a root canal and how does a Dentist Centurion Assist?
A root canal is a dental procedure that helps treat and save damaged or diseased teeth. This procedure is performed on many patients and has proven to be very successful. Every tooth has a soft layer that lies far beneath the dentine and tooth enamel called a pulp. This soft tissue is made up of nerves and blood vessels and sometimes as a result of damage to the tooth or plaque infections, the pulp can become infected. When this happens, the patient suffers pain and is sometimes not able to eat properly due to the pain and sensitivity.
Process in a nutshell
- Your recommended dentist Centurion will begin with X-rays to have a closer look at the tooth.
- Anaesthetic is used to numb the mouth, in particular, the areas that will be worked on during the root canal process.
- During the pulpectomy, the pulp will be removed and the inside of the tooth cleaned, making sure that all the infection is cleared away.
- A special paste called “Gutta-Percha” is used similarly to the way a filling would be used to fill and seal off the hole from which the pulp was extracted.
Who is eligible for a root canal by their Emergency Dentist in Centurion?
Here are some ways to tell whether you possibly need a root canal treatment from your dentist Centurion:
- Pain (sharp or dull)
- Tenderness of tooth to pressure
- Swelling can come and go for weeks even months
Sometimes the signs that you may need root canal treatment may not be obvious at all and only a trained eye or dental X-ray may reveal such. After your root canal treatment, you should always remember to maintain good oral health, avoid hard foods that may break or damage the tooth, and visit your dentist on a regular basis.
For affordable Centurion dental care that you can rely on and a variety of dental treatment solutions for you and your family, contact your best dentist in Centurion today to book your consultation. Download our Root Canal Consent Form NOW.
Other Popular articles your might find interesting – Dentist in Centurion
- Can Children Get Dental Implants
- Professional Dentist in Centurion Specialised with Dental Bridges to Restore Your Smile
- Good Oral Hygiene Techniques That Could Change Your Life
- How to Reduce Receding Gums
- Effects of Poor Oral Health
- 7 Of Worst Drinks for your Teeth
- The Importance of a Smile
- The Importance of Mouth Guards in Contact Sport
- Bleeding Gums: Causes, Symptoms and Treatment
- What is Oral Cancer?