Dentures are an affordable, quality way to get “prosthetic teeth” and make your smile whole again. In this post, your recommended dentist in Centurion explains the basics of dentures and how they can improve your lifestyle.
What are dentures? Dentist in Centurion
In short, dentures are the replacement teeth that are constructed in order to fill the gaps in your mouth where your original teeth were removed. They are usually made to consist of prosthetic teeth and gum.
The material used to make dentures – Dentist Centurion
Dentures are made with a strong resin as opposed to the porcelain or plastic of the past. However, because of their milder structure, they can easily be broken when dropped or not properly looked after and ought to be replaced every few years.
Types of dentures from your best dentist in Centurion
Partial dentures are commonly used when the natural gum or jawline cannot support a bridge. Partial dentures then replace some of the teeth that were lost.
Full dentures can replace all your teeth on the top and bottom as well as both at the same time. These dentures use a suction to keep the gum in place.
Taking care of your newly made dentures from your dentist in Centurion
Due to the soft gum line and prosthetic teeth being made from softer material than porcelain, taking extra special care of the teeth is important.
The dentures whether full or partial should be removed from the mouth when you sleep to prevent it from damaging. Use a special denture solution where dentures can be soaked in order to preserve it for longer. You can also use warm water to soak dentures as opposed to hot water.
The advantages of getting dentures at one of the best dentists in Centurion
- Dentures or “false teeth”, as it is also known, are an inexpensive way of replacing the teeth that you may have lost throughout the years.
- It helps improve your overall lifestyle, making interacting with people easier with a confidence boost of a beautiful smile.
- Your digestion becomes better as you’re able to chew your food properly.
- They can last up to 5 or more years when looked after.
- Getting dentures made is far more inexpensive than having dental implants done.
- Dentures keep the structure of the natural gum line in place reducing the chances of cheeks sagging.
Good Centurion dental care will help you maintain a healthy smile for longer. Book your consultation today.
Other Popular articles your might find interesting – Dentist in Centurion
- Your Best Dentist in Centurion Talks Dental Veneers
- Root Canal Treatment from your Best Dentist Centurion
- Can Children Get Dental Implants
- Professional Dentist in Centurion Specialised with Dental Bridges to Restore Your Smile
- Good Oral Hygiene Techniques That Could Change Your Life
- How to Reduce Receding Gums
- Effects of Poor Oral Health
- 7 Of Worst Drinks for your Teeth
- The Importance of a Smile
- The Importance of Mouth Guards in Contact Sport