Dental bridges are used to help fill the gaps where teeth are missing and are latched onto other teeth using a fixture to secure it in place. This is one of the most common dental procedures performed and a more affordable solution as opposed to dental implants. Consult your affordable dentist in Centurion for more information about the ideal dental bridges.
What are dental bridges? Dentist in Centurion
Dental bridges are prosthetic teeth that are designed with state-of-the-art materials in order to act the way regular teeth would, making chewing food easy without the missing teeth. The preferred dental bridge material is porcelain or ceramic, however, in some cases, metal is also used. Your dentist in Centurion will either fill the artificial tooth with a type of cement to secure it onto existing teeth with the prosthesis filling the gap where the tooth/teeth were removed.
Types of dental bridges from your recommended dentist in Centurion
Fixed bridges are similar to the one mentioned earlier in this post where the prosthetic teeth will be fixed to the crowns which are cemented to existing teeth. However, this process will require the dentist to shave down the enamel of the teeth that will support the crowns holding the prosthetic tooth in place. This may also require root canals of the existing anchoring teeth to support the bite pressure.
Maryland Bridges – Dentist in Centurion
Unlike fixed bridges, Maryland bridges do not require anchoring teeth to be modified in order to support the prosthetic teeth. Instead, it is held in place with a metal or porcelain framework designed to be anchored at the back of the gaps to be filled with prosthetic teeth.
Implant Supported Bridges
With implant support bridges, anchors are installed into the gums instead of using teeth as anchors. This is sometimes recommended when the patient’s existing teeth are not strong enough to maintain a bridge.
Advantages of dental bridges from your dentist in Centurion
- Dental bridges enable you to chew your food better and as a result better digestion.
- They fill the gaps where teeth are missing creating a full smile
Disadvantages of dental bridges
- Some dental bridges can restrict biting and can be weaker than others, requiring extra visits to your emergency dentist Centurion when required.
- Sometimes more than one surgery is required
- Some dental bridge procedures are very expensive
Your dentist Centurion will be able to advise on the best option of dental bridges to suit your mouth and its ability to maintain the bridge after the procedure.
Other Popular articles your might find interesting – Dentist in Centurion
- Good Oral Hygiene Techniques That Could Change Your Life
- How to Reduce Receding Gums
- Effects of Poor Oral Health
- 7 Of Worst Drinks for your Teeth
- The Importance of a Smile
- The Importance of Mouth Guards in Contact Sport
- Bleeding Gums: Causes, Symptoms and Treatment
- What is Oral Cancer?
- Wisdom Tooth Infections Signs, Treatment and Removal
- 7 Ways to Getting Stronger Teeth Naturally