You may not think about it often, but your mouth and teeth play a crucial part in digestion, good teeth not only complements a beautiful smile but is also the start point of digestion. When we chew, our teeth helps to break down food, and along with saliva helps to release enzymes that help to neutralize and process food before it reaches the stomach. Keeping your teeth in tip-top shape is going to help you look great and be healthy. Your Dentist in Centurion can help you achieve good oral health and lessen the chances of issues related to poor oral health.
Can bad oral care lead to other health concerns? – Dentist in Centurion
Maintaining good oral health goes beyond the teeth, in fact, it means taking care of your gums and entire mouth. Not taking care of our teeth and gums can lead to other serious health problems such as gingivitis, bleeding gums, toothache, and tooth loss. Apart from oral issues, poor oral care can also lead to deeper health concerns such as:
- Diabetes – gum disease can lead to higher blood sugar levels increasing chances of diabetes
- Heart disease – the bacteria causing plaque can end up in your blood stream and can cause arteries to build-up with hardened plaque
- Respiratory infection – oral infection can travel into the bloodstream and cause infections with the lungs
- Pregnancy complications – hormonal changes can easily result in oral infections which can affect the pregnancy resulting in possible complications
- Cancer – smoking and poor oral practice can result in oral cancer and can spread causing other forms of cancer within the body
How can my Dentist in Centurion help me?
If you’re already experiencing sensitive teeth, bleeding gums and cavities, you know you’re long overdue for a visit to your recommended dentist in Centurion.
You can maintain good oral health by practicing the following:
- Visit your affordable dentist in Centurion on a regular basis
- Brush and floss your teeth properly
- Stay away from sugary foods that can cause plaque build-up
- Be careful of acidic drinks even when they’re healthy for you or (use a straw to minimize contact with teeth and the rest of your mouth)
- Don’t ignore symptoms like a toothache, tooth sensitivity or swollen gums
Your emergency dentist in Centurion can assist you with the dental work needed to get the smile you’ve always wanted. Book your appointment today!
Other Popular articles your might find interesting – Dentist in Centurion
- How to Reduce Receding Gums
- 7 Of Worst Drinks for your Teeth
- The Importance of a Smile
- The Importance of Mouth Guards in Contact Sport
- Bleeding Gums: Causes, Symptoms and Treatment
- What is Oral Cancer?
- Wisdom Tooth Infections Signs, Treatment and Removal
- 7 Ways to Getting Stronger Teeth Naturally
- 8 Dental Tips Everyone Should Know
- Popular Teeth Trends that do Damage to Your Teeth