Not everyone is fortunate to have picture perfect teeth, but technology has allowed for various interventions and procedures that have greatly helped to get the best teeth and smile in town. If you’re worried about your teeth and you’re looking for reliable advice, then your trusted Dentist in Centurion Smiles4All can help you.
What are dental implants?
Dental implants are a form of cosmetic surgery that allows your dentist to replace the teeth you’ve lost with a more permanent solution than dentures or bridges. Implanted teeth are fixed onto a metal anchor which is placed into the jawbone. They are also a better option for certain people who cannot cope with bridges, dentures or the complications that they may cause.
Can I get dental implants? Dentist in Centurion
When you visit your recommended dentist in Centurion, your consultation will give your dentist a chance to examine the extent of work that needs to be done and whether or not you qualify for dental implants.
Who qualifies for dental implants?
- patients with healthy gums
- sufficient bone support to hold the implant screws in place
- patients who can commit to taking care of their implants and regularly visit their dentist to ensure this
What types of implants are there?
Endosteal implants – Dentist in Centurion
Endosteal implants have a similar resemblance to a screw and are usually made of titanium. They screw directly into the jawbone and are the most popular choice of implant.
Subperiosteal implants – Dentist in Centurion
A titanium structure is placed onto the jaw bone to hold the implant steady, however, this option is more common for patients who don’t have sufficient bone structure and decline to have the surgery to reconstruct and re-build the bone.
Advantages of dental implants
- They don’t need support from other teeth to hold the implants in place.
- They successfully function the way natural teeth do.
- They are great looking and don’t cause difficulty when chewing food or speaking.
Disadvantages of dental implants
- They are very expensive.
- They can become infected if not looked after.
- Patients with a weak jaw may need additional dental work before the surgery.
Your affordable dentist in Centurion will work closely with you to help establish the best and most affordable dental care plan for your teeth and gums. Visit your dentist regularly to maintain the excellent health for your teeth and gums.
Other Popular articles your might find interesting – Dentist in Centurion
- How to Reduce Receding Gums – Recommended Dentists in Centurion
- 8 Dental Tips Everyone Should Know – Centurion Dental Care
- Popular Teeth Trends that do Damage to Your Teeth – Best Dentist in Centurion