Dental implants are designed to give you a good smile and fix any dental irregularities, but sometimes they can only be completed after a series of treatments. You can imagine that receiving this can take a long time to complete. However, there are also same day dentistry procedures that allow the dentist to complete the process in just one day. Let Smiles for All assist you with all your dental concerns.
Dental implants are a great solution to help you improve your smile and have a confidence boost. However, dental implants can be costly and more so with same-day dentistry. Your Centurion dental care professional can help you.
Advantages of same-day dental implants by your Centurion dental care professional
- The patient can have their teeth restored the same-day without the long wait of traditional dental implants
- Have the confidence to smile without any missing teeth
- The patient doesn’t need to wear dentures
Disadvantages of same-day dental implants by your centurion dental care professional
- It’s a long procedure that could take up to 6 months to complete
- The body doesn’t have time to adapt to the implant
- The patient is limited to a strict diet of soft food
Will a Centurion dental care professional give me a dental implant?
Every patient is different and the same applies to the structure and condition of their mouths. Your dentist Highveld will first assess whether you’re a suitable candidate for the process.
You may not be able to get dental implants “traditional” or “same-day” if:
- You suffer from bruxism (jaw clenching)
- Using medication that may interfere with the process or ability to adapt to the implant
- Suffering from a health condition
- If you have insufficient jaw bone to work with
What are same Day Dental Implants?
As its name suggests, same day dental implants are done the same day that the patient goes for their dental appointment to have the procedure. How is that even at all possible, you may be wondering? Modern dental technology improvements, there are lots more trained dentists can do today than they could some years back. Implant can happen the same day only a few hours after the permanent tooth is extracted.
How long is the implant surgery?
Can take between 2 to 3 hours per dental arch
Same day implants versus regular dental implants
Only use 4 implants per dental arch, whereas in traditional surgery, it uses 6 to 8 and sometimes more implants per arch. Same day dental implants do not require bone grafting; however, bone grafting is usually customary with traditional implants. Not all dentists Centurion provide cosmetic dentistry such as dental implants and not all practices have the equipment to do same-day dentistry. You must speak to a recommended dentist Centurion and hear what services they offer. Your professional dentist may also be able to refer you to a dentist that can help.
Benefits of dental implants in a day
It costs a lot less than traditional implants and doesn’t use as much time and materials as traditional. It is also more convenient for the patient as they don’t need to wait long before receiving their actual implant. Patients can enjoy getting back to their regular activities almost immediately. Dental implants are a safe and reliable tooth replacement that can improve your quality of life. They are considered a long-term replacement option because if they are well-maintained and taken care of, they will last a lifetime”, says Dr. Kwon at SK Family Dental
What are dental implants?
Dental implants are prosthetic teeth, designed to look like real teeth and durable to handle bite force. Implants use a titanium post to serve as the root of the tooth but instead of the actual tooth, a prosthetic one is placed on top. The titanium implant-post is set inside the jaw and will fuse with the jawbone with time.
- They are independent of other teeth and don’t need additional support
- They provide more freedom to eat various foods
- They are more robust than bridges
- A better, more comfortable fit
- No complications when speaking or chewing
- Looks and feels like real teeth
- They are very expensive
- Requires some surgery
- Takes a couple of dental visits before the procedure is completed
- Can become infected
What are dental bridges?
Dental bridges are a permanent solution to dentures, but not as robust as implants. Dental bridges are a structure created to fit the gap where the missing teeth are. This requires shaving off some of the adjacent teeth’s enamel to accommodate the crowns.
- Looks like real teeth
- Better speech as opposed to dentures
- Less expensive than dental implants
- Adjacent healthy teeth lose enamel to accommodate the crowns to hold the bridge in place
- Can leave other teeth vulnerable
- Some bridges cannot withstand bite forces and can lead to more teeth loss
When it comes to which one is better, it’s clear that dental implants can serve a much better solution to tooth loss than dental bridges. However, your dentist in Centurion can help you weigh the options best for you.
Risks factors related to same day dental implants
With all surgical procedures, there are always the risks involved. The risk of implant failure can occur as the entire procedure is completed in one day. Whereas, traditional implants leave a gap of about 3 to 4 months to see that the screw and bone have adequate time to bond and adjust. Dental failure may result and sometimes change the patient’s facial structure, which may require surgery.
If you want to maintain healthy teeth and reduce your chances of needing to have dental surgery, then visiting your Centurion dental care specialist on a regular basis is very important. Contact us TODAY for your next booking.
FAQ about dental implants
How painful is a dental implant?
most dental implants patients say the procedure does not hurt
How long do dental implants last?
Dental implants can last up to 25 years if taken care of
Can dental implants be done in one day?
Yes dental implants can be done in a day
What are the negative effects of dental implants?
infection, nerve damage. Always go to a dentist you trust like Dr. Pinheiro
Can you get MRI if you have dental implants?
Yes you can, just inform the Dr you have implants
Other articles that might interest you
- Are You Suffering from Bruxism? Let your Dentist in Centurion Help
- Can your Dentist Centurion Help you Combat Periodontal Disease?
- Teeth Restoration Helping the Local Community to Smile Again
- Straighten Dental Overcrowding with Help From your Dentist
- Who needs braces? A word from your Best Dentist Centurion