Many people suffer from plaque and cavities and the only way this can be fixed is either by extraction or dental filling. Your recommended dentist in Centurion can assist and provide excellent dental care for your family.
Dental Fillings Explained
Your dentist will take x-rays and examine the state of your teeth before preparing dental fillings. Fillings restore teeth to a more natural look by filling the cavities. Fillings are composed of various types of materials, which will create a paste-like substance that quickly hardens upon application.
Types of dental fillings from your recommended dentist in Centurion
There are 4 major types of fillings and your affordable dentist in Centurion will advise which type is best to use for your teeth.
These are more robust and can take the bite force of the jaw. They adapt well to the gum and can last for a very long time. Gold fillings are pricier and may take longer to prepare.
Silver fillings (amalgam)
Silver fillings are strong and usually last a long time. Unlike gold, they are more affordable. However, because of their silver colour, most patients prefer silver fillings in the molars or behind their teeth and not in the front.
Composite (plastic) resin
This is a common form of filling and they are very affordable. In comparison to gold and silver fillings, their durability is not as long-lasting. However, they look more natural in colour, but they can stain very easily. Your dentist in Centurion may not prefer this type of fillings for large cavities because they wear faster.
When it comes to cosmetic dentistry, you’ll often see the likes of porcelain because they resemble the tooth’s natural colour. They bond to the tooth and cost more than silver, gold and resin fillings. Another great thing about porcelain inlays is that they don’t stain.
Taking care of your fillings
- Avoid eating foods that may damage your filling during the time it has to set
- Don’t eat while the anesthetic is still working
- Eat soft foods for the time being
- Avoid very hot or very cold foods while your filling sets
- Let your dentist know if your filling chips off or cracks
Regular visits to your best dentist in Centurion and proper oral care will help you maintain good teeth.
Other articles that might interest you
- Reduce Sugar in your diet
- 5 Facts About Tooth Extractions – Emergency Dentist Centurion
- 5 Reasons To Ensure Your Child’s Baby Teeth Stay Healthy
- Adult Orthodontics: Need to know from your Centurion Dental Care Specialist
- Dentist Centurion Talks About The Pros and Cons of Chewing Gum
- How To Prevent Cracked Tooth Syndrome: Tips from your Dentist