Cracked tooth syndrome is the name given to the state of teeth being cracked. It can cause various dental issues and cannot always be detected by X-rays. Regular visits to your affordable dentist in Centurion can help you combat crack tooth syndrome. The lower molars are the teeth to suffer most from cracked tooth syndrome as these teeth sustain the bite force of the jaw.
Dentist in Centurion can help get to the core of the problem – Cracked Tooth Syndrome
Who is at higher risk of developing cracked tooth syndrome?
Can develop with a course of time and as a result of wear and tear to the teeth. However, the following patients are also at higher risk and may need to see their affordable dentist in Centurion sooner than later!
- People who grind their teeth (have bruxism)
- With complicated jaw structures
- Eat hard foods all the time like hard candies
- Teeth consisting of large filling can also crack
- Teeth having had root canal treatment can become cracked
Symptoms – Cracked Tooth Syndrome
Patients suffering from cracked teeth may experience the following symptoms:
- Pain or discomfort when biting and or chewing food
- Pain when eating hot or cold foods
Diagnosis and treatment – Cracked Tooth Syndrome
Your dentist in Centurion may diagnose the problem via X-ray imaging if the crack is big enough. The patient’s gums will also be examined and a special dental device is also used to individually inspect the tooth surface for cracks. The treatment for cracked tooth syndrome will be based on where the crack is located and its severity. Root canal treatment is also used to fix sensitivity in cracked teeth, however, extraction may be required if the crack is very bad and cannot be treated or fixed.
Visit your dentist in Centurion and get affordable dental care that you can trust. Contact us TODAY
Other articles that might interest you
- 8 Interesting Facts On Fluoride from your Dentist
- Understanding Same Day Dental Implants: Your Centurion Dental Care
- Are You Suffering from Bruxism? Let your Dentist in Centurion Help
- Can your Dentist Centurion Help you Combat Periodontal Disease?
- Teeth Restoration Helping the Local Community to Smile Again
- Straighten Dental Overcrowding with Help From your Dentist
- Who needs braces? A word from your Best Dentist Centurion