Keeping your teeth healthy and strong is important to its longevity and your ability to enjoy a great smile without dental problems throughout your life. Affordable dental care Centurion gives you and your family the opportunity to enjoy professional dental care without breaking your bank! Sure, you’ve heard of the term “fluoride” right? Toothpaste adverts and ingredients make mention of fluoride, but what is it and what does it have to do with your teeth?
Fluoride and Centurion Dental Care
Fluoride is actually a mineral found in some natural substances from the earth, Some countries add it to their drinkable water and it can also be found in foods. It’s natural biological makeup has the ability to fight cavity and protect the teeth. According to the American Dental Association, more than 70 years of scientific study and research have proven that adequate levels of fluoride in drinking water have reduced tooth decay by 25%.
Getting to Work for the Good Health of your Teeth
Fluoride works by strengthening the natural tooth enamel (the outer layer of the tooth), which protects your teeth from decay. It is one of the hardest substances of the human body and when fluoride is exposed to the teeth, it gets to work in children even before their permanent teeth starts to grow.
When you eat, the teeth undergo a process called “demineralisation”, this occurs as acids and food substances break down the enamel of the teeth resulting in cavities. However, fluoride can aid to protect against this process, by working during the “remineralisation” process.
If you’re taking good care of your teeth and using fluoride toothpaste, you may not have to visit your emergency dentist Centurion because of cavities.
Fluoride for Dental Care comes in the form of the following:
- Fluoride tablets and (drops for children)
- Available in water (certain countries)
- Certain natural/organic foods
Quick Tips to Help Prevent Cavities!
- Brush twice a day and don’t forget to floss
- Visit your Best Dentist in Centurion regularly
- Reduce sugary and acidic foods
- If you don’t get enough fluoride, you can purchase tablets (ask your dentist)
Do you need Centurion dental care that you can depend on for your whole family? Book your appointment today and let a trusted professional assist you.
Other Popular articles your might find interesting
- 8 Facts to Know About Tooth Decay: Tips from your Dentist
- What is Dental Composite Bonding?
- Mercury Fillings, the Good and the Bad
- A Close Look at Tooth Extractions from your Dentist
- All you Need to Know About Dental Crowns from your Dentist