Dental implants are wonderful solutions to completing your smile if you’ve suffered tooth loss. Tooth loss cannot always be avoided and sometimes children lose teeth in their young years. You can consult your Dentist in Centurion to assist and for advice regarding dental implants for yourself and your children.
What are Dental Implants and can my Dentist in Centurion Assist?
Dental implants can be seen as “substitute teeth” as they fill the gaps in the gum where teeth were lost throughout the time. They are comprised of suitable material such as porcelain to guarantee robustness and the comfort, look and feel of real teeth. Dental implants are placed into the jawbone located beneath the gum line by means of dental surgery. If however, patients have thin or weak jawbones, they may need a bone graft in order to create a sturdier placement for the implants to fit.
Can children get dental implants? Dentist in Centurion
Losing teeth can happen at any stage of our lives and can occur due to various reasons. Some grownups and kids lose their teeth due to gum disease, plaque or having suffered an accident or through contact sports. An emergency dentist in Centurion can assist when it comes to dental implants as these often require emergency assistance especially when the front teeth are affected.
Requirements for dental implants in children – Dentist in Centurion
The minimum age requirement for children to be able to receive dental implants is at least 17 years. However, girls can have dental implants sooner than boys because jawbone development in girls is complete at the age of 15.
It is important that implants are only done once the jawbone has completed its development, in this way the implants are supported and little to no complications. If implants are done too early in children, it may affect the growth of their teeth.
Tips for maintaining good teeth and not having to lose them at a young age
- Practice efficient and proper oral care (brushing, flossing, and mouthwash)
- Refrain from acidic and sugary foods
- Wear a mouth guard when playing contact sports
- Visit your dentist in Centurion on a regular basis
Speak to your recommended Dentist in Centurion if your child needs dental implants or any other dental work done. With affordable prices and the professional expertise that you can trust, you can ensure that your family is getting the best dental treatment in Pretoria.
Other Popular articles your might find interesting – Dentist in Centurion
- Professional Dentist in Centurion Specialised with Dental Bridges to Restore Your Smile
- Good Oral Hygiene Techniques That Could Change Your Life
- How to Reduce Receding Gums
- Effects of Poor Oral Health
- 7 Of Worst Drinks for your Teeth
- The Importance of a Smile
- The Importance of Mouth Guards in Contact Sport
- Bleeding Gums: Causes, Symptoms and Treatment
- What is Oral Cancer?
- Wisdom Tooth Infections Signs, Treatment and Removal